Most Common Signs of a Parasitic Narcissist (& How to Deal with them?)
Who is a parasitic narcissist? What can be the most common signs of a Parasitic Narcissist? Have you ever heard about a parasitic relationship? If these terms sound new or puzzling to you then here we are to clear the confusion and acknowledge the readers about Parasitic narcissists, toxic parasitic relationships, and some signs and ways to deal with them.
Who is a Narcissist?
A Narcissist is an individual who is excessively obsessed to have control over all situations in their life, control over all individuals and their behavior, and also expects everyone around them to focus just on them. They intend to be the center of attraction in all situations. A Narcissist person craves attention all the time, lacks care and empathy, can be rude and blunt, ignores other people’s feelings, and has troubled relationships.
They think the world rotates around them and so they are very ignorant, self-centered, and mean. They cannot think outside the box unless it is according to or in their interest or favor.
Who is a Parasitic Person?
A parasitic person is someone who easily takes advantage of other people’s liberality, amplitude, righteousness, and gullibility, someone who is a moocher, and someone who would not think twice before using someone as their trump card without feeling grateful, or returning the favor or even being thankful for someone’s generosity.
What is a Parasitic Relationship?
A parasitic relationship is often defined as when one partner altogether does is harm the other and lives off like a parasite, mooching off all the good and returning nothing instead harming the host. Parasitic relationships cause the host greater damage and can lead to irreversible harm. Parasitic relationships are malignant and burdensome for the host partner.
Parasitic relationships are harmful to one partner that is the host on whom the other partner, the parasite is dependent and mooches off, sucks out positivity, drains out time and money, and is completely a burden until the host completely breaks. While in a parasitic relationship, the host needs to understand how toxic the relationship is and one needs to break off the partnership, as only one partner is benefitting and growing while the other partner is suffering and wearing off.
Who is Parasitic Narcissist?
A parasitic narcissist is a deadly combination of harmfulness and toxicity and who so ever is a victim of such a parasitic narcissist is doomed for sure. Narcissists are usually parasitic individuals who take undue advantage of their innocent partners, family members, friends, acquaintances, or anyone they are apprehensive with.
Narcissists consider people as their thingummy and use them whenever they need them. Narcissists utilize their relationships to obtain their daily dose of supply and mostly have no interest in maintaining a heartfelt connection. They often use people and discard them after that. Narcissists are often compared to parasites like leeches who suck out everything from their hosts. They are as lethal as a leech, or even worse. Parasitic narcissists drain out every possible advantage from you without being grateful or taking you for granted simply.
Parasitic narcissists think they deserve everything, and your relationship with them can also be parasitic. Being in a relationship with parasitic narcissists makes sit clear that you are having a parasitic relationship with them. A parasitic relationship just completely erases your existence and you do everything for them, compromising your individuality. You are always fulfilling their desires keeping yours aside.
A parasitic narcissist can compel you into having a parasitic relationship, with their fake super sweet personality in the initial stages of dating, and by the time you realize this, you might have completely fallen for them. Unlike other parasites, narcissists do not kill their host but cause great damage to them and their host might not be able to recover from the toxic relationship anytime soon.
Adversities of being in a parasitic relationship with a narcissist
- A parasitic narcissist can use their partners like mere objects and can discard them like a use and throw objects after their purpose is over.
- They only care about their supply, supply of validation, ego boosts, praise, vulnerabilities, control, resources, and much more.
- Narcissists are full of themselves. They have intensified selfish traits like ego, jealousy, self-praise, selfishness, control over situations in life as much as possible, expecting attention from others, troubles in relationships, rudeness, selfishness, lack of self-reflection, and many more. So they might mooch off you without feeling any need to reciprocate the good they have been receiving, instead, they would just treat you like some riff-raff.
- A parasitic narcissist uses you completely until their satisfaction just like their puppet, and when they no longer need you or find someone else they just discard you like something unimportant.
- They might even use you for your money, once you refuse to spend for them, they would just throw tantrums or leave altogether.
- They might also not hesitate to ask for favors from your relatives too.
- In short, they do everything that a parasite does to their hosts except for killing.
How to know whether you are with a Parasitic Narcissist Partner or are in a parasitic relationship? – Most Common Signs of a Parasitic Narcissist
- You are always there for them, but they are never available for your needs
- Your voice is never heard in the relationship
- They expect a lot from you
- They consume your individuality completely
- You feel you have drifted apart from your friends and family and just feel that they are constantly around you
- You are like their reimbursement for mistakes you have to constantly cover their tracks
- It feels like you are the only one managing all monetary affairs
- There is no concept like personal space in the relationship
1. You are always there for them, but they are never available for your needs
Narcissists are the most self-centered beings and every relationship you have with them is just about them and their benefits. If it benefits a narcissist then they would be helping you out, otherwise, they just do not care much. They can make you feel as if you hardly matter for some matters in their life, and would completely ignore your side of the story, until and unless it is in their interest.
The situations would be getting worse as they would just be lying every time with some petty excuse for the time when you needed them and they were not there. You might also believe each time as narcissists are super talented while knitting their make-believe lies. The lies keep getting craftier and more believable when you need them at times to help you out.
For example, if you ask a narcissist for some help, they would only agree if they have any upcoming favors to ask you in return. Otherwise, they would simply turn you down with their varied and believable list of excuses. When it is your turn, you ought to help them out of courtesy, or else they would be making life miserable by jeering at you.
2. Your voice is never heard in the relationship
When you are the host in a parasitic narcissistic relationship, it is always about them. You have to always lend your ears, and attention and find ways to console them and do everything they wish. But when it is your time, they would just disappear even before you tell them.
Parasitic narcissists just suck out all the energy, positivity, and time out of you and when you wish to do something for yourself, you feel worn out and realize that lately everything has just been about them.
You might not even be able o give your opinion sometimes, as narcissists tend to take away your confidence and pride, so it would be just them ordering you to do according to their wishes, and your say and wishes in the relationship would not be heard or overheard eventually in the relationship.
3. They expect a lot from you
Expect some vexatious expectations of you from the parasitic narcissist, as they consider themselves to be superior in all aspects of life, and thus they just expect that you might do as they say all the time.
Narcissists have very unreasonable expectations from you. They do not even know the concept of being thankful or grateful for whatever you do for them despite their unrealistic expectations. They might ask for unreasonable favors and when you deny due to any reasonable reason they would not even understand you in return would even may curse you.
For instance, they would ask you for favors like dropping you picking you off, or any such petty task in the middle of the day without giving a consideration to your schedule. And when you turn them down, would just lash out at you. If you ignore their demands they would just get angry at you and might even humiliate you. A true relationship is always about equality, but having a relationship with a parasitic narcissist, is just about doing tasks for them without asking them anything to them in return as they would never be able to meet your expectations but you always have to keep up your standards to meet theirs.
4. They consume your individuality completely
Being in a relationship with a parasitic narcissist may seem like a curse for the other person, as you have to completely forget what you liked, what your traits are, what is it to be able to do things you like when you are together and anything just reminds you of being you. As with parasitic narcists all situations, are about them. You have to change according to the version they need of you whenever they demand.
For example, when you attend a social gathering which is important to them, you have to do everything as they say. Dress accordingly, speak accordingly or do whatever they say. You cannot be your true self as it might affect their social relations. Narcissists care very much about people’s opinions as they lack self-esteem.
Parasitic Narcissists consider people as their thingummy and use them whenever and however they need them. Narcissists utilize their relationships to obtain their daily dose of supply and mostly have no interest in maintaining a heartfelt connection. They often use people and discard them after that. Narcissists are often compared to parasites like leeches who suck out life from their hosts. They are as lethal as a leech, or even worse. Parasitic narcissists drain out every possible advantage from you without being grateful or taking you for granted simply.
5. You feel you have drifted apart from your friends and family and just feel that they are constantly around you
While having a relationship with a parasitic narcissist is as is difficult, they make it more difficult by drifting you apart from people with whom you care about or bond as they want all of you just reserved for them.
As you spend time with them, you might come to the realization that you have been spending less time with your friends and family eventually after you have started dating a parasitic narcissist. You might feel you have drifted apart from your friends and family and just feel that they are constantly around you as they want to have complete control over you. They might be afraid that you meeting others might acknowledge their wrongdoings and you might leave them. They have a constant fear of isolation.
To make their grip even firm on you and establish complete control over you they would try to isolate you from your friend group, relatives, and anyone you can rely on emotionally. They would only want you to depend upon only them and nobody else.
6. You are like their reimbursement for mistakes you have to constantly cover their tracks
Parasitic narcissists always want their ways to work, and for that, they would constantly be making huge messes which they would expect you to make reimbursements for. They might be running away from responsibilities and chilling and partying with friends while they expect you to take care of everything.
Their rage, their unreasoning nature, or their unlikable personality might be causing many issues around you, but it is you who have to go covering their bad behavior and make them look good. It is like you would be fixing all their mistakes constantly and they do not even understand what they have been doing wrong or be thankful to you for covering it up for you.
7. It feels like you are the only one managing all monetary affairs
Narcissists may or may not have a money obsession, but they would never allow spoil their lustrous high-end image, so they are little inclined to the side of money obsession. Narcissists would not even mind spending their partners’ or family members or friends’ hard-earned money on their unrealistic desires but would hoard their money.
They would always ask for lending them money by lying to you but would spend that money on something which is absolutely not needed. They would spend money just to show off to someone. Also, you might never get your money back once a narcissist has it. They may even embezzle money while difficult times. They would always ask you to pay everywhere, and they would ask you to fulfill their desires at whatever cost.
Narcissists will be talking about their financial conditions more often obtaining self-pity and financial assistance. They can be stingy at times and also will stress you out about their financial struggles, also would compel you to lend them money and there might be situations where you would be the only one paying bills, and solving monetary issues, while the narcissistic partner would just be spending on fulfilling their wishes and desires. They would have money control in the relationship.
8. There is no concept like personal space in the relationship
A parasitic narcissist would not leave you alone or give you personal space. It always has to be about them, doing everything for them, discussing their matters, and when you try to discuss yourself, your likes your desires, or try to make something about you, they just lash out at you.
Parasitic Narcissists would easily commence fights with you for the slightest inconveniences caused by you, or if you don’t give enough attention to them they would not let go of any chance of humiliating you, they would isolate you mentally and physically from others so that your attention can be completely on them and you can be their supply only.
How to Deal with Parasitic Narcissists?
- Excluding yourself for a while from the parasitic narcissist and finding time for the people whom you enjoy the company of in the form of friends, or a life partner can be one of the ways to keep yourself aloof from that toxic atmosphere.
- Look after your physical health with the help of exercises, yoga, meditation, and any form of physical workout, so that you do not wear out yourself when you need yourself indeed.
- Look after your mental health with the help of meditation, reading good books, seeking help from your loved ones, listening to music, and doing more things that keep you happy.
- Consult a mental health expert, a therapist, or anyone who can guide you away from the toxicity of the parasitic narcissistic partner.
- Try connecting more with nature or try any possible means which can get you close to nature, as nature provides the ultimate healing that you need after dealing with a parasitic narcissist and their toxicity.
- Give appropriate time to yourself to heal internally; do not force healing upon yourself and also keep your mental health in check after dealing with parasitic narcissists.
- Find things that keep you away from negative thoughts, negative people, and a negative atmosphere.
- Learning new skills, meeting new people, and visiting new places also play a crucial role in freeing yourself from the negative toxic atmosphere.
A parasitic narcissist can use their partners like mere objects and can discard them like a use and throw objects after their purpose is over. They only care about their supply, supply of validation, ego boosts, praise, vulnerabilities, control, resources, and much more.
Narcissists are full of themselves. They have intensified selfish traits like ego, jealousy, self-praise, selfishness, control over situations in life as much as possible, expecting attention from others, troubles in relationships, rudeness, selfishness, lack of self-reflection, and many more. So they might mooch off you without feeling any need to reciprocate the good they have been receiving, instead, they would just treat you like some riff-raff.
So it is important for you to understand this indeed to help yourself out. When you are not able to free yourself from parasitic narcist know more about narcissism first, then you should find ways to cope with them, or just find some interesting ways to deal with them. That would make your life much easier and you might for once feel that you too are important if you find ways to cope with them.