Hi there! We are Adriana and Florin, Romanians living in the US since 1990. We’re here to share our journey to a better life. Welcome to our little corner of the internet, where we’ll talk about the ups and downs on the way to better 😉
What is Mapping a Better Life?
Mapping a better life is a chronicle of our journey to the best life for our family. Not only that: we hope you’ll join us in dreaming your own best life 😉
We hope you’ll join us in dreaming and planning for your better future:
- living healthier
- saving for retirement
- growing your own food
- embracing simplicity
- becoming role models for the younger generation
- helping others
- and whatever else “a better future” means to you.
We’d love to get to know each other, and encourage each other along the way. There won’t be any judgement here: we’re all on our own journey, and we come from different backgrounds sand situations.
But we WILL be here to encourage and even push when needed. Together, we can move mountains!
Who are Adriana and Florin
We’re a married couple in our 50’s who live a simple but fulfilling life. Empty nesters for about 5 years now, we decided to build our dream home and downsize while doing that. We’ll share our experiences and thoughts along the way.
We just closed on our dream land and are in the process of getting the approvals needed to get started.
Random facts about us
- we’ve been married for 30 years
- we have 2 grown children
- we both worked in the medical field in Romania: Florin was a dental technician and I was a pharmacy technician
- we work hard, but enjoy all inclusive trips to refuel almost every year. In the future, we’re planning some adventure trips
- we are very different: Florin loves to joke, while I’m very serious. He’s the life of the party, while I slip in the farthest corner. He’s the energizer bunny, always going, while I love my quiet time and need more rest. And yet, with all the differences, we get along very good (most of the time ;P)
- we love to travel
Thanks for stopping by. We’re looking forward to getting to know you.