Do Narcissists Play Text Games to Trip you up? (If Yes! What Text Games do they Play?)
Do Narcissists play text games to Trip you up? If you are texting someone and in one moment they make you feel special while at another they just lash at you for texting or ignore your existence. Then beware of such a person, because you might be texting a Narcissist. Narcissists are the emperors and empresses of manipulation tactics that they use to lure you into their toxic world. Texting is one such breadcrumb tactic that they utilize to tempt their potential companion or victim as you may have heard.
Before knowing texting habits, let us know about what is a narcissist and what it means by tripping through text messages!
What is a narcissist?
A Narcissist is an individual who is excessively obsessed to have control over all situations in their life, control over all individuals and their behavior, and also expects everyone around them to focus just on them. They intend to be the center of attraction in all situations. A Narcissist person craves attention all the time, lacks care and empathy, can be rude and blunt, ignores other people’s feelings, and has troubled relationships.
They think the world rotates around them and so they are very ignorant, self-centered, and mean. They cannot think outside the box unless it is according to or in their interest or favor.
What are some of the narcissistic traits?
These traits can be common for all narcissists, but may also differ from person to person.
- They can be rude and always need to prove their point in every situation.
- Arrogance is their nature.
- Need constant attention and are desperate to gain it.
- They lack sensitivity and empathy.
- They take advantage of others for their benefit.
- They merely care for other people’s feelings unless it involves them.
- They have high levels of self-importance, self-esteem, and overconfidence.
- They are self-centric and have a narrow attention span.
- They always need praise, appreciation, and entitlement.
What is a narcissist text game?
Associating with a narcissist is itself challenging. You have to keep up with their unrealistic expectations, their tantrums, toxicity, and peculiar traits. One such thing is texting with a narcissist. They can just quill you in their words, dishonest actions and an artificial made-up would of their own.
Narcissists would either be texting too much or no texts at all. Sometimes it’s a long paragraph often manipulative, deceptive, or accusing sentences; while sometimes it’s just a word reply. When they are interested or need you the text lengths are more, and replies are quick and overwhelming, but when you need them they are not there often or would text just like they are entirely uninterested and make small talk.
Communicating with a narcissist can be a task in itself. As they need detailed explanations for the simplest of topics. They might take everything personally, change the entire course of the communication, understand the incorrect meaning of the things you are trying to communicate, might not even listen carefully and conclude abruptly to cut short the conversation, might not indulge in a conversation in the first place especially when they know it s going to be tedious, or just communicate when they need something, they have a favor to ask or fulfill their desires.
General narcissistic text habits with people they are associated with
- Narcissists text habits when you are closely related to them, Text habits of narcissist partners(This is the reference for when you are dating a narcissist or they want to lure you in for a relationship)
- They would be sweet as Pie. In this stage you can be their victim easily, so beware of such sweet but toxic texts.
- They would initially lovebomb you, but as time passes and they get bored with you, they would reply late, ignore your texts, or just read your texts but not reply to you.
- Once they feel they want to move on and discontinue the relationship, they might ghost you virtually, block you, and would not even bother to provide justifications for their actions.
- So what about when you are friends with a narcissist, Text habits of narcissist friends(This is the reference for when you are friends with a narcissist)
- They would often call or text you asking for several favors.
- They would often text the half-truth of something or would send some confusing texts that might leave you perplexed wondering what went wrong.
- They would have short conversations which would not involve any emotions or emojis, just direct plain pointy texts.
- Small talk is their deal.
- General narcissist text habits, (This is the reference for when you are acquainted or are associated with a narcissist somehow- Work colleagues, far-fetched family member, or someone just acquainted with a narcissist)
- Sometimes they would send so many texts sometimes no texts or texts when favors are to be exchanged.
- They would often send confusing texts.
- Their texts are often exhausting.
What is tripping in texting?
Tripping means feeling hallucinated or daydreaming. It feels like being cheated upon. Tripping word is generally used with the reference to being high on something or feeling tipsy. Tripping can be hallucinating in broad daylight or any time of the day. So when something is done to achieve that exorbitant state or be in an ecstatic state of mind.
While referring to it with texting, tripping in texting means being fooled through texts, blindly falling for someone even without knowing them much, just being crazy and trusting with no doubt, or just being smitten by someone just through texts.
Do Narcissists Play Text Games to Trip you up?
Narcissists often seek relationships where they can dominate, be complete control freaks, and fulfill their needs fully. Narcissists seek validation, admiration, and power so they can do anything for seeking these. They can affirmatively play all sorts of mind games, text games, and witty tricks. Narcisists are wired to be this way, they do not particularly choose this condition but they have to live this way without much choice.
Narcissists can play all sorts of games to trip you up and get their dose of supply. Narcissists are emotionally unavailable individuals who always make everything about themselves. Dating a Narcissist can be draining both mentally and physically as they expect you to be always present for them but they are never there for you. The same goes for communication with them. They might text or call you when they have time but not when you want to talk. They may even say some things that can be offensive but might delete later. They are shallow beings who cannot accept their wrongdoings and are afraid to confront anything.
Narcissist texting can be deceptive as they lie smoothly and can do that without blinking. Their promises are mere words and hollow sentences. They do not mean something from the heart. They have those toxic traits and they would make shallow, fake, and convincing promises that you would uncover when you get with them.
Not everyone who plays text games is a narcissist, and not all narcissists play text games but commonly they do. Manipulation is their strong pursuit hence they can do anything in their power to manipulate, be it through texts, calls, or apologies and persuasion. When you have a relationship with a narcisisst toxic behavior and treatment can be a normal part of your life. Narcissists have toxic texting habits, some of which are discussed below,
Toxic Text Games or Toxic Texting patterns of Narcissists to trip you up
- There is an invisible pressure that you feel to reply to them instantly
- They would be avoiding your texts when you need them but make a bond so strong that you might willingly do everything for them
- They would be using their narcissist mirroring trick to get through to you
- They would text you at unreasonable times and for unreasonable times
- They would be manipulative digitally
- Love Bombing Texts
1. There is invisible text anxiety that you feel to reply to them instantly
Nraciitss feel entitled and so they would demand quick responses as they feel they are more important than any of your work hence keeping them waiting would be an insult. They would build such an invisible pressure and anxiety on you through their texts that you feel an urgent need to text back immediately like, their texts would make your heart race for a moment, or you would always be checking your phone for their texts. They build such a strong connection with them that you cannot be repulsive to their texts.
They would keep you on your toes and would expect impulse replies. For instance, when you both plan something, they would constantly be texting without considering your availability. They would be asking multiple questions, and would not stop until you reply. They might even budge you by calling you to text them back. They can make you desperate to reply to them, as they have the least amount of patience.
2. They would be avoiding your texts when you need them but make a bond so strong that you might willingly do everything for them
Narcissists always expect you to be available for them when they need you, but they would simply ignore you when you text them asking for help or any sort of demanding text. It is one f their tactic or game, where they would read texts through notifications, and would not reply to you if it is something unimportant to them like you asking for help or seeking them for some work.
They would shamelessly state that they have not read your texts, as they were busy with something when you confront them about the situation. They would provide excuses like, “Sorry did not read your text only, was in a meeting.” or “Just noticed your text now, hope your work is done by now.” They would be sending some lame replies and would avoid you to the brink of ignorance when you totally need them. They would be sending awfully long texts when they need you and reply with one word when you need them without much interest.
Narcissists come to you when they need you, other than that they do not make any effort to reach you or even reply to whatever you have to ask. Expect slow texts or no texts from a narcissist. Narcissists always take their partners, friends, or anyone that cares for them for granted.
3. They would be using their narcissist mirroring trick to get through to you
Narcissists would be texting you or calling you, out of the blue, and would that might either completely surprise you or put you in awkward circumstances. They would be sending a flirty text message or using your common slang just to check in on how you reciprocate with them, and how convinced have you been by their charm. They would try to create digital sentimental moments with you which include sympathy, pity, or empathy. They would do this with many fake scenarios so that you take their bait, feel pity for them, give sympathy, and get involved with them.
When narcissists want to attract you, it would seem like you are feeding words into their mouths because guess what whatever you say is just mirrored on you. If you say, you love going to certain places, they would also reciprocate the same.
4. They would text you at unreasonable times and for unreasonable times
The 2 am conversations or chats are a narcissist thing. They would text you when you are in the most vulnerable state of mind. They would text you to simply check on you, send sweet greeting texts, or some mushy replies so that you fall for them immediately. Narcissists would either be texting too much or no texts at all. Sometimes it’s a long paragraph often manipulative, deceptive, and dreamy. They make you feel so special that you fall for their deceptive personality. They are experts in pity texting.
5. They would be manipulative digitally
Narcissists can be manipulative even while texting. They would delete their part of the message often or might delete it later when they feel insecure and think that you might use it later against them. Initially, they would be all flirty and say many such things that can make your heart flutter. But later they might delete all those without your notice to avoid attachments and proofs.
They often play such manipulative texting techniques when they want to trip you initially, use you for their narcissistic supply, and then leave you without getting much involved. They would be just breadcrumbing you through their texts. Breadcrumbing is a toxic technique that involves control and emotional manipulation to just fulfill some ill motive or take advantage of you.
Narcissists use the breadcrumb tactic to lure the interest of the person whom they want to take advantage from for a temporary basis. They would lure their target using the breadcrumb tactic, by texting them, chasing them through social media, calling, and being in touch to develop a temporary but intimate connection with you. Once their purpose is done with you, you might not even receive any justifications for leaving abruptly.
6. Love Bombing Texts
When they want to lure you they would be sending all complimenting texts like, “You are beautiful”, “You understand me so well”, “You are sweet as Pie”, and “I need someone like you in my life”, they would say all such things that you want to hear without giving much meaning to that in the later phases of your relationship. They might even do this when they have done something wrong and out of guilt.
They would manipulate you emotionally. Love Bombing happens usually in the attraction phase where they text you often, to lure you. This is the stage where the love bombing starts. They would be sweet as Pie. In this stage you can be their victim easily, so beware of such sweet but toxic texts.
How to deal with Narcissist Texts that are intended to trip you?
- Believe in yourself and know yourself better and not in some flattery that is spewed at you.
- Respond without many reactions.
- Keep the conversation short and up to the point.
- Do not overthink, simply try to check in on reality.
- Go with the gut feeling as your gut never lies. You might have some delusional feelings but do not lose your calm and stay focused.
- Discuss your problems with someone who can actually help.
Narcissist texting can be deceptive as they lie smoothly and can do that without blinking. Their promises are mere words and hollow sentences. They do not mean something from the heart. They have those toxic traits and they would make shallow, fake, and convincing promises that you would uncover when you get with them. So when they are trying to trip you, just knock on the door of reality or try to see the red flags in instances.
Associating with a narcissist is itself challenging. You have to keep up with their unrealistic expectations, their tantrums, toxicity, and peculiar traits. One such thing is texting with a narcissist. They can just quill you in their words, dishonest actions and an artificial made-up would of their own. Believe in yourself, do not get riled up, do not believe anything so easily, do not get fooled by flattery, and just keep the conversations short with a narcissist.